Top 10 Fun Things To Do in Auckland
Best 10 Things To Do with Friends and Family in Auckland
There are many fun and exciting things to do in Auckland, New Zealand’s largest and most diverse city, beyond visiting one of Auckland City Libraries. Here is a list of the top 10 best and most exciting activites to do in Auckland City that we recommend. Find the best enterntainment near you.
- Enjoy the view from the Sky Tower: The Sky Tower is the tallest building in New Zealand and offers panoramic views of Auckland, the Hauraki Gulf, and the surrounding islands. You can also try some adrenaline-pumping activities like the SkyWalk, SkyJump, or SkySlide.
- Day trip to Waiheke Island: Waiheke Island is a beautiful island in the Hauraki Gulf, famous for its vineyards, beaches, and art galleries. You can take a ferry from downtown Auckland and explore the island by bike, bus, or on foot.
- Visit the Auckland Art Gallery: The Auckland Art Gallery is the largest and most impressive art museum in New Zealand, featuring more than 15,000 works of art from national and international artists. You can admire paintings, sculptures, photography, and more.
- Have lunch or dinner in Viaduct Harbour: Viaduct Harbour is a vibrant waterfront area in Auckland, where you can find many restaurants, bars, and cafes. You can enjoy a delicious meal while watching the boats and yachts in the harbour.
- Explore Cornwall Park and One Tree Hill: Cornwall Park is a large park in Auckland that offers green spaces, walking trails, and picnic areas. One Tree Hill is a volcanic cone that rises above the park and has a monument on its summit. You can enjoy the views of the city and learn about the history of the Maori people.
- Kayak to Rangitoto Island: Rangitoto Island is a volcanic island in the Hauraki Gulf that has a distinctive cone shape. You can kayak from Auckland to the island and hike to the crater for stunning views. You can also see lava caves, native forest, and wildlife on the island.
- Bungy jump from the Auckland Harbour Bridge: If you are looking for a thrill, you can bungy jump from the Auckland Harbour Bridge. You can choose to touch the water or stay dry as you plunge 40 meters towards the Waitemata Harbour. You can also enjoy views of the city skyline and the harbour bridge.
- Tandem skydive over Kaipara Harbour: Another way to experience an adrenaline rush is to tandem skydive over Kaipara Harbour. You can jump from 13,000 feet and freefall for 45 seconds before opening your parachute. You can see amazing views of Auckland, Kaipara Harbour, and the west coast beaches.
- Visit the Waitomo Glowworm Caves: The Waitomo Glowworm Caves are a natural wonder that you can visit on a day trip from Auckland. You can take a boat ride through the dark caves and see thousands of glowworms lighting up the ceiling like stars. You can also explore other caves with stalactites, stalagmites, and fossils.
- Experience Hobbiton Movie Set: If you are a fan of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies, you can visit Hobbiton Movie Set on a day trip from Auckland. You can see the hobbit holes, the Green Dragon Inn, the Party Tree, and more. You can also learn about how the movies were made and enjoy a drink at the pub.